- Hibernate mapping file is used to map java object to the database table.
- We can have any number of mapping files in a project.
- Each hibernate mapping file must contain only one <id> tag (or relevant tag <composite-id>)
- <id> tag corresponds to either primary key or Non primary key. Hibernate need unique key to map
- Class names and property names are case sensitive in mapping file.
- Table names and column names are not case sensitive in mapping file.
- If we don’t give <column> tag, then property name will be column name.
- If we don’t give table name, then class name will be the table name.
Related Posts :